Class A Foam
Royal Fire Protection Class A Foam is an non-corrosive, non-toxic, biodegradable Class A fire fighting foam concentrate. When mixed with water in the correct proportion, it changes the properties of water; it reduces the surface tension of the water, and produces foam which allows the water to cling to vertical or horizontal surfaces without run off. This allows the water to absorb more heat and provides greater penetration into Class A fuels.
|Product||Class A Foam|
|Use Concentration||0.1% – 1.0%|
|Specific Gravity @ 25°C||1.02 – 1.06|
|pH||6.5 – 8.5|
|Viscosity||< 20 cSt|
- Water treated with Class A Foam concentrate is 3 to 5 times more effective to fight fire on Class A fires than untreated water
- Water treated with Class A Foam concentrate will wet Class A fuels up to 20 times more efficiently than untreated water
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Suitable for used with non-air-aspirating or aspirating hand line nozzles
- Suitable for use with Compressed Air Foam Systems (CAFS)
- Suitable for use on rubber (tires), coal, paper, and many other types of Class A fuels
- Suitable for use through medium expansion nozzles on Class A or contained Class B flammable liquids.